The Early Childhood and Family Services program provides for a full range of prevention, early intervention and treatment services for families with young children from pregnancy through age five.
We believe that a child’s earliest relationships and care provides the foundation for healthy growth and development. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing services that nurture, strengthen and empower parents & caregivers, promote positive attachment relationships and encourage the development of young children to their highest potential.
Our services include:
- Home Visiting
- Parenting Education and Support
- Developmental Assessment / Activities
- Parent-Young Child Therapy
- Parent Child Play Groups
- Music Groups
- Infant Massage
- Early Literacy Activities
- Childcare Consultation and Training
- Coordination of Services
- Center based care for infants and toddlers
Among our program offerings:
- Welcome Baby: birth to six months, FREE gift and welcome visit
- Parent Infant Program: birth to age three, home visiting program to provide support and nurture healthy social, emotional development
- Early On: developmental assessment, home visits and service coordination for children under age three with developmental delays
- Great Parents – Great Start: home visits for early literacy activities for children under the age of five
- Pre-School Intervention Program: mental health services for children three to five
- Brightstars: free parent-child playgroups, birth to age five
- Early Learning Communities andBrightmoor Childcare Quality Initiative:training and consultation for caregivers of children birth to age five
- Early Head Start: offers both center and home based educational & family services for pregnant women and children, birth to age three, living within the 48219 zip code
Rising Advocates for Young Children is a Detroit based collaborative of highly trained early childhood educators and caregivers advocating for the most developmentally appropriate, advanced, safe and nurturing care of at-risk children – birth to five years old. Rising advocates for financial support of programming with a holistic approach that addresses the needs of the entire family; is inclusive of children with varying abilities and provides resources to families to assist their empowerment and development as self-advocates.
To provide education and care to young children that presents to the world a curious, experimental problem solver who is connected to his world and willing to share and cooperate in it.